Old 15-03-2012, 07:34 PM
zoebee87 zoebee87 is offline
Registered User

Default Please someone help me i have no idea what i am doing or what im looking at!

Hi there!

I really need some help as ive literally no idea what im doing or looking at for that matter, but this garden needs sos!!!!

we moved in our first home together in november 2010..the garden was not really up to much at that time but it was obvious that the previous owners had devoted alot of time to it over the years etc. i was pregnant with our first at the time we moved in and our son was born in march...now summer is coming back around and hes toddling i want a nice garden for all his memories. Slap bang in the middle was a greenhouse, filled with what i can only imagine to be rotten tomatoes...anyways we gave it away as to be honest i thought the thing was ghastly and found myself picturing a nice table and chairs sipping sangria summer moments!

Please will someone do me a favour and look at my sorry state of a garden...what is going on here? so far i have identified Ivy, the common weed and daffodils. yay for me.

i have no idea what any of the other stuff is, some blinking rhubarb type plant and this rather crooked looking tree on the right (which actually was kinda pretty last summer since it flowered) but these bushes...in the corners? what the hell are they? what do i do with them?

if im perfectly honest i would love nothing more than to get rid of everything except the crooked tree. i would get rid of that ivy and replace it with something...well...else. ha. i would like flowers everywhere...i mean around the edges im assuming that those piled bricks are raised beds? am i cottoning on a bit more? well i have a vision...and that vision is...poppies. not the remembrance ones...ive actually been looking at Angels Choir type.

what would be great is for someone to kindly tell me what ive got growing in my garden and whats best to do with what ive got i suppose, unless it wouldnt that difficult to pull everything except my tree out and re do it.

thanks in advance

Zoe
Attached Thumbnails
Please someone help me i have no idea what i am doing or what im looking at!-zoesgarden.jpg