Old 27-02-2003, 10:39 AM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

Default Wardian case (formerly orchidarium) article has moved...

Actually, a name, such as "Orchidarium," cannot be copyrighted. It can be
claimed as a trademark, allowing the owner to attach a TM to the word, or
better yet, registered as a trademark, allowing the attachment of the ®.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"tennis" wrote in message
Prem Subrahmanyam wrote:

It has come to my attention that using the word "Orchidarium" to refer
to an orchid-growing wardian case is an infringement of the trademark
and patents of one Orchidarium(TM) company.

Unfortunate. However, I do have an Orchidarium (so named by the brass
plate on its end) made in the 1930's or 40's by another company, abbout
which the current Orchidarium folks knew nothing. So their copyright may
not be as legitimate as they think. But I can and still will use the
name 'Orchidarium' for it.