Old 15-03-2012, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Carrot fly

Nick wrote

I think that I am going to give up and fleece my carrots, but I
can't find a reasonable source of small hoops. Does anyone know
of one, or shall I need to get some heavy gauge wire and make
them myself?

I've seen that stiff blue plastic water pipe (from Builders Merchants or
skips) used to make hoops with old copper water pipe or dowel pushed into
the ends and used as stakes to keep it upright. If I remember correctly the
chap also tied the tops together with string and staked it at the ends so it
could not get blown over.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.