Old 16-03-2012, 04:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jim[_26_] Jim[_26_] is offline

Default Potted Black Cherry (Prunus serotina) - Help Needed!

Hello,

Please forgive my ignorance, but I have a question concerning the
health of potted Black Cherry (Prunus serotina) saplings, and I hope
someone here can help.

For years I have been potting these small saplings and they have done
quite well outdoors. This year I potted some and brought them inside
and placed them under a 1000 watt metal halide grow light. They
budded
and began to leaf out, but now the small leaves are appearing to
crumple and discolor. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I
cannot
afford to have them die on me. I wanted to bring them in to get a
jump
on the growing season. Can anyone suggest anything? Watering or
fertilizer regimen, different light, number of light hours?