Old 16-03-2012, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Please someone help me i have no idea what i am doing or what im looking at!

"zoebee87" wrote in message

Hi there!

I really need some help as ive literally no idea what im doing or
looking at for that matter, but this garden needs sos!!!!

thanks in advance

Zoe

|Filename: Zoesgarden.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14810|

Try and get into the habit of keeping the grass shorter, it makes getting
out there so much easier!
Looks like you have an ideal garden for a small child as anything you plant
will be safely out of the way.

Ivy on fences nearly always ends in tears as the wood tends to rot under it.
On garden walls it is fine, views on it on house vary, but it can be
destructive if it gets under the edges of the roof

Have a good clear out and tidy this spring then plant stuff you like, get
your self a gardening book, just a small one, it will help with suggestions,
its hard to chose plants for other people, its a bit like asking someone to
chose your wallpaper for you!

Every time you do a bit of gardening, aim to cover the cleared ground
straight away with mulch, around any new plants you put in, you can buy bags
of this at garden centres. if you don't the next time you get out to do more
gardening the first bit will be back to square one which can be a bit
depressing.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs