Old 16-03-2012, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim xzy Jim xzy is offline

Default Cabbage and lettuce seedlings - too tall and floppy?

I'm fairly new to veg growing. sowed some lettuce and some cabbage in seed
trays, then pricked them out into individual 3" pots. and placed on a
reasonably sunny south-east facing window sill and have kept the compost
moist. Now the seedlings are about 3" tall. I use the word "tall" loosely,
because they are all flopped-over, due the stems being too thin near the
base. There is a 2.5" splindly stem with a couple of leaves at the top.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks...

Jim