Old 16-03-2012, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Carrot fly

wrote in message ...

I think that I am going to give up and fleece my carrots, but I
can't find a reasonable source of small hoops. Does anyone know
of one, or shall I need to get some heavy gauge wire and make
them myself?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Hi Nick, have you thought of ring-fencing your carrot plot with a low
"fence"made of shading material about 2 ft high supported by short bamboo
sticks. This should keep out the carrot fly on its approach to demolish
your carrots. Might be easier than hoops.

Bill