Old 16-03-2012, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Couch Grass

"Roger Tonkin" wrote ..

My garlic bed has been invaded by couch grass from next doors
field/garden. Given that the garlic is growing strongly, how best can I
get rid of the couch. I can not dig deeply to get all the roots out, nor
can I risk spraying with glyophosphate, especially as there is sometimes
stock in the field from where it came.

I spent the afternoon digging out as much as I could, but given the
growing plants I know I've not really done a good job.

Anyone any ideas?

Fore the time being, whilst your garlic is growing, just pull it out as soon
as any shows itself. After that use glyphosate, it's the only way to get rid
of it properly IME. Then sink a barrier against your fence to stop it coming
in again.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.