Old 17-03-2012, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Couch Grass

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 03:03:57 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

I'll go with most of what you say Jake
I wouldn't advise spraying in sunshine, I find spray works better if
you spray in the evening when the leaves can stay wet longer and the
chemical has longer to be absorbed into the plant.
David

I won't disagree with that, however the downside is that the bottle
tube needs to remain in place until the leaves have dried which might
be any amount of time in the cool of the evening. Plus, at this time
of the year, a dew often settles in the evening around here and will
dampen the leaves, making it difficult to work out whether it's safe
to remove the tube.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.