Old 17-03-2012, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default tree id?

"stuart noble" wrote in message
On 17/03/2012 02:37, Christina Websell wrote:
"stuart wrote in message
Anyone fancy putting a name to this line of trees?

http://i43.tinypic.com/majyas.jpg

We're hoping they may be worthy of a tree preservation order to prevent
the house behind them being demolished, so we'd like to emphasise any
merits. How old might they be? Looking a bit sorry for them selves right
now, but sprouting nicely from the trunk, and . Any help appreciated.

As others have said, no chance. why do you think preserving trees will
prevent a house from being demolished?

I think that because.... preserving trees reduces what the developers can
put in its place, hopefully to the point where it isn't worthwhile
proceeding.

Let me guess, it's near you, in a good bit of ground and the developers
are
after it?

Of course, what else is planning all about? It also happens to be council
owned park land (Park Keeper's Lodge), so by no means ethically
straightforward.
Do I detect a slightly patronising tone? Why would that be?

No you do not detect any kind of patronising tone, sometimes what we say
does not come over well in in plain text.