Old 18-03-2012, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Getting rainwater from my roof into my water butt (cheaply)...

hugh ] wrote in :

I they are set up correctly, and it is pretty precise, when the butt is
full the water then carries on down the drain pipe.

How much of the water flowing down the guttering downpipe gets diverted
into the butt? Is it 100% ...or a lesser amount?

There seem to be a number of different designs available. Can anyone
recommend one (for a 68mm round downpipe) that diverts close to 100% of the
water?

Thanks,

Al