Old 18-03-2012, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden cover for polythene

"Carol" wrote in message
Here's my problem. I have a pond lined in butyl and the butyl liner comes
out and over a low bank (about four inches wide and 2 inches high) round
the pond. I want to cover the butyl so that it's invisible, but I cannot
use any ground cover plants that spread by rooting stolons because if I do
that they will eventually pierce the butyl below the water level and drain
my pond. Any suggestions for ground cover plants I can use?

Carol

--
Posted by Mimo Usenet Browser v0.2.4
http://www.goldenfrog.com/mimo/post

As the others have said Butyl should be fine however, you still need to
cover the edge as it will look better and protect the liner from sunlight
which is bad for it (what ever its made of)

Have a look at capillary matting, cut a strip to cover the exposed liner
then place it round so it goes a bit into the water, because its going to be
wet it will allow ferns and mosses to colonize.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs