Old 18-03-2012, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pendrag0n[_2_] Pendrag0n[_2_] is offline

Default Heathers in South Lincs

Hello all,

I have seen a few local gardens with decent heathers that seem to
flower all year, if you can call them flowers, sort of mauve, purple,
white etc. Probably up to about 50cm. Any ideas on what I should get
to plant and forget, hopefully quick growing. Along the side of the
house etc.

Not much of a gardener as is quite apparent

TIA

PS: The soil round here seem to retain the water for ages. I pinched
some of the farmers field for a couple of pot plants and they never
seem to dry!! Whereas the composty stuff I had before needed watering
every few days. It's not clay.