Old 18-03-2012, 11:11 PM
David56802 David56802 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannerman View Post
Hi David, Its a 'Flowering currant bush' of the family Grossulariacae and goes by the latin name of Ribes, I think its one from the group of cultivars from the sanguineum species possibly albescens. The more common variety is know as Pulborough Scarlet and is a much deeper pink. As A child growing up in South Wales, we had a hedge of this plant and possibly it was the first plant that I ever knew by name and of course, these plants have a very distinctive 'aroma' which, like marmite you either love or hate, personally I fall into the latter group.
Lannerman.
Thanks very much for the ID. I can now add the labelled photo to my 'identified' folder.