Old 18-03-2012, 11:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Hedge maintenance - who's responsibility is it?

Elizabeth2108 wrote:
Hi there,

Please can anyone tell me who is legally responsible for maintaining a
hedge planted in someone's garden but growing over the fence into
someone else's garden - my neighbor's hedge is overhanging my garden
by about 60cms and I have asked them to help cut it back to their
side of the fence but they have refused to help out and I'm just
wondering where I stand legally.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me with this matter.

Not knowing where in the world you are I have no idea. Ask your local
government authority, you are not the first person in the world to have this
problem.