Old 21-03-2012, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim xzy Jim xzy is offline

Default Russian vine in a container?

Dave Hill wrote in news:58ae4e2b-93bd-407e-
:

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't found a variety of sweet pea that
grows tall enough; I need something that grows 12 ft at least.

Jim

I remember planting a Russian vine to cover a couple of old Pig Sties,
it was year 4 before it decided to put on any real growth, just around
6 ft in the first 3 years,

Thanks for that; it makes me conclude that my Russian vine idea would be a
waste of time. I may as well wait for the clematis to get going.

Jim