Old 21-03-2012, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Geraniums

I used to take cuttings at the end of the "season". They never
survived. Bottling up the parent plants and forgetting them all winter
seems more successful.

By "early spring" I mean my definition. People differ about when
spring officially starts. I look at the weather. This year, for me,
early spring was early February. Parent plants down from attic into
trays in conservatory (the only pots I'm allowed downstairs!). As soon
as they shoot, about 5 weeks later, I get cutting. The cuttings have
to go upstairs. Parent plants in compost bin. I'm ruthless.

I'll move cuttings into unheated greenhouse within a week or two.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.

How the other half live! An attic, a conservatory, AND a greenhouse. :-)