Old 21-03-2012, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Carrot tops - edible??

On 03/21/2012 01:23 PM, houndsy wrote:
Can I safely eat the foliage grown by carrots?? I'm getting interested
in eating assorted young greens. And radishes, and turnips.......
(thoughts of rhubarb leaves has made me ask).

Radish greens make a truly delicious soup. Just cook lightly in butter,
maybe with a little onion, add water (or stock) and a cooked potato,
then whir the whole thing. Can add creme if you want, and of course
salt and pepper. Super easy, uses the greens, loved by all.

Same soup works with ground elder, nettles, spinach, sorrel, etc.
Haven't tried with carrot greens which are maybe bitter?

-E