Old 21-03-2012, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Carrot tops - edible??

wrote in message ...

I am less sensitive than I used to be but, even today, one grapefruit
in a fruit salad for 20 people makes it unpleasant for me. A LOT
of things are not eaten because they are bitter - the worst I have
tried was cardoons, which are as bitter as gall.

Regards,ck
Nick Maclaren.

Very interesting Nick! Some time ago when I decided to leave off taking
sugar (I have a sweet tooth), I used to eat grapefruit "neat" and often
they tasted sweet to me- all a matter of relativity perhaps. I became so
used to grapefuit that I can honestly say I didn't encounter a bitter one.

Lemon is quite a diffent story :-)

Bill