Old 21-03-2012, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default Carrot tops - edible??

On 21/03/2012 14:10, Baz wrote:
wrote in
o.uk:

Can I safely eat the foliage grown by carrots?? I'm getting interested
in eating assorted young greens. And radishes, and turnips.......
(thoughts of rhubarb leaves has made me ask).

DO NOT rely on this newsgroup to decide whether of not you can eat foliage!
Any foliage can contain toxins. Best to be safe.

Baz

I cannot remember during the war if we ate them, but after the war when
Dad had come home he grew lots of sweet peas, he always used the carrot
foliage in vases with the sweet peas. So that is another use for them.