Old 21-03-2012, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Carrot tops - edible??

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
houndsy wrote in
o.uk:

Can I safely eat the foliage grown by carrots?? I'm getting interested
in eating assorted young greens. And radishes, and turnips.......
(thoughts of rhubarb leaves has made me ask).

DO NOT rely on this newsgroup to decide whether of not you can eat
foliage!
Any foliage can contain toxins. Best to be safe.

Baz

Don't you think it was a bit more re-assuring for me to post the following?

http://www.carrotmuseum.co.uk/carrotops.html

Kindest regards

Mike