Old 21-03-2012, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default I'm a step-froggie-daddy again

Jake wrote in
:

Didn't you have some frogs somewhere in your garden a while back? You
probably didn't get the ponds dug in time. But don't worry - if you
had frogs anywhere in the garden this year they will come back next
year and you may well find spawn then. It took a year or two before my
pond got colonised.

I already had two small ponds, both of which had frogs in them last Summer.
I did see a couple of frogs about three weeks ago, just after the final
light frost. But none since, for some reason.

On the other side of my tall garden wall, is a field with some man-made
ponds. I've seen frogs in that field. I wonder if I could go and take some
spawn from those ponds and put it in my own ponds and hope to get some new
frogs as a result...

Al