Old 22-03-2012, 11:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] is offline

Default Flower stem not growing upwards?

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:17:20 +0000, rmscott
wrote:

So I've had my orchid for nearly a year and have noticed the new
flowering stem is growing horizontally. It's only about 3cm long at this
point and I don't have a clue what to do. Leave it and see what happens?
Or trim it back and put a spike cane next to it? Thanks

Rachael

I let my orchids grow anyway they want. Roots grow upwards, stems grow
sideways. They still flower for me.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software. http://www.npsl1.com