Old 22-03-2012, 05:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default eriu

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 16:21:28 +1100, "Farm1"
wrote:

"Brooklyn1" Gravesend1 wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:02:20 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

Brooklyn1 wrote:
On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:40:55 +0000, echinosum
wrote:

lannerman;953670 Wrote:
Further to the above good advice, if indeed you do cut the hedge
back yourself then make sure you offer the trimmings back to your
neighbour ?? This will protect you from being accused of theft !!
There is nothing to stop you cutting back the hedge to the boundary
line as long as you are aware that the trimmings legally belong to
your neighbour, so by offering them back, you then cover yourself !
Lannerman.

That is a specifically British interpretation of law. Given OP's
spelling of neighbor, I think they need to know the local legal
situation.

My logic says the cuttings belong to whichever side they were growing
over, that's what gives one the right to cut them... there is no
theft... were it an apple tree would you after harvesting those
hanging on your side give the apples to the neighbor... I say they'd
be yours the same as if they dropped onto your side.

Gum flapper No. 1 spews:
Your logic is not the same as the law in some parts of the world and the law
relevant to the OP is the key point.

Most laws pertaining to property are logical and consistant. The US
laws relevant to land surveying and property historically directly
follow those of the UK. You show me the law pertaining to this case
that's contrary, not gum flapping, point me to the actual law that
says one must endure whatever their neighbor plants. I seriously
doubt that folks in the UK can plant a hedge (or any plant) on or
about the property line and allow it to impinge on the adjoining
property without repucussion... a hedge is nothing, what were it a
maple tree that after a few years begins to grow limbs through the
neighbors windows. I think you're purposely being foolish, I'd hate
to think you're truly such a fool.

in my country, I have always been able to plant anything I like.

Gum flapper No. 2. LOL
You, you can't even comprehend the question, you're functionally
illiterate.