Old 22-03-2012, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default paper birch; is this a disaster?

On Wednesday, 21 March 2012 10:59:38 UTC, Sacha wrote:
It's not too uncommon for someone felling a tree to find an
old piece of wire in the bark.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Not just wire! I could fill a page with things I've found deep inside trees and they've not usually been beneficial to the saw chain..
Some highlights - A large calibre rifle bullet, gate hangings and probably worst of the lot were big pieces of roof slate in crucks of yew trees growing under the walls of the 'big house'
As for the op's question you've all answered as I would have.

Rod