Old 23-03-2012, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_4_] Baz[_4_] is offline

Default How long to leave bed with fresh manure?

Sacha wrote in :

I know very little about growing veg, Baz so don't hesitate to jump
in!
Afaik, onions like fertile , well-prepared soil but not heavily
manured just before planting. That's why I think that sincethe manure
was dug in in September, it should be okay if it's rotted down. Very
fresh manure can be a problem for many plants because it 'burns' them.
I understand that chicken manure is one of the worst offenders here
and therefore many people dilute it in a bucket of water before
applying it as a feed to plants.

BTW Sacha,
I managed to get some International Kidney's. 2.5kg. for £2.99.
They will be going in this weekend, 2 or more per hole because the seed
is quite small and I have limited space now that I have extra potatoes
to grow. It was a lucky find! I am chuffed so good.

My potato patch is going to be so damn good this year.
Baz