Old 24-03-2012, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Price John Price is offline

Default New Veg Patch

Greetings - I have a patch of land that has been just lawned for
several years, and I'm planning on turning some of it into a vegt
patch. Never grown veg before.

The land is virtually south facing and a very slight slope southward.
Plenty of sun all day long.

I'm picturing the patch will be 5 metres long North-South and about 5.5
metres wide.

Having read about crop rotation, I'm wondering about having 3 strips
about 1.5 metres wide, with paths in between. Then I could roate each
strip as a whole.

Or I could do 4 strips, 1 metre wide, again with paths in between.

I was wondering if anyone has any comment on practical issues about
having strips like that, and/or whether there would be any issues based
on experience about the width of the strips.

Many thanks