Old 21-04-2003, 01:33 PM

Default Humane rat control

"Mimi De Moratti" wrote in message
. co.uk...
My house is surrounded by sheep/cows and wooden buildings storing hay etc.

My
house is also built of wood and I have two sheds in the garden. Rats

nested
in the compost heap which I have now cleared, but they are beginning to

get
out of control, hiding in nooks and crannies. ... Time is running out
and I really do need to find a solution to this problem. Has anyone any
experience of humane rat control?

The local Environmental Health Department will have a Pest Control Officer
who can help, or a local gamekeeper with a gassing licence would probably do
it for a few quid. You won't get rid of rats without getting rid of the
conditions that attract them, but it will give you a while with a reduced
population.

Colin Bignell