Old 24-03-2012, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Price John Price is offline

Default New Veg Patch

If you are going to double dig then take the turf off and dig it into
the lower level.

Sounds sensible. Wioll do.

You might well have wire worm and leather jackets, they are both
common pests of established grassland.

just looked them up on the net - never seen such creatures, but then I
wasn't looking.

I'd still go for one bed for this season and then you have time to
prepare the other bedsready for next year,

I Hear you - think I'll compromise and do two beds.

David at the sun drenched end of Swansea Bay.