Old 25-03-2012, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Camellia ID

On 25/03/2012 12:11, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 10:16:15 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

This camellia was bought about 7 years ago, but the writing on the label
has be lost.
http://www.freefilehosting.net/camellia
(Just click on "download this file")

The largest flowers are about 9 cm across.

Any ideas? I've had a look through the photos on some camellia sites,
and the nearest seems to be Contessa Lavinia Maggi, but those don't seem
to have the large splodges of colour as well as the stripes.

I'd go for Contessa Lavinia Maggi, although there are a number of
other red and white stripy camellias. CLM is very variable in the
distribution of red and white. We have one, and the flowers can vary
from almost all red, through half-and-half (sometimes neatly divided
down the middle, left half of the flower red, right half white, but
mostly much as yours), to almost all white.

Thanks for the clarification.

--

Jeff