Old 26-03-2012, 01:47 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
Jake Jake is offline

Default Sequoia Sempervirens germination...

I got my hands on a number of these seeds as a curiosity. From googling, I
have found that they have very low viability, so I would like to maximise my
chances of getting as many as possible to sprout.

I soaked them in water for 24 hours, then I placed them in a folded wet
paper kitchen towel (think Bounty) and then placed them in a ziplock bag in
the fridge for stratification.

How wet do I need to keep the paper towel? Currently it has as much water as
it is possible to hold, and drips when held up. Should I squeeze out some of
this water so it is just moist? I don't want the seeds to rot or anything...