Old 26-03-2012, 07:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Doug[_10_] Doug[_10_] is offline

Default I'm a step-froggie-daddy again

On 2012-03-25 15:06:41 +0100, "AL_n" said:

"AL_n" wrote in
:

Doug wrote in news:14bc123f-6d28-46cc-ad12-
:

It might work. I have transferred one of my clumps to another
fishless pond and they seem to be OK.

I have at least three clumps of frog spawn but they seem to be taking
a long time to hatch. After nearly a week they are just getting a bit
elongated from a black dot.

You're lucky, I can;t find any spawn. Nor have I seen any frogs
lately! I'm a bit worried that something has killed them off.

Al

PS... Woohooo! I just saw one! (The first for several weeks!) I was in the
garden, adding attractive additions to my ponds, such as chunks of rotting
logs around the periphery, when a young one showed it's face! Gotta love
those creatures; it's as if they know they are my #1 ally, and that I won't
hurt them. I had a little chat the lil' darlin' before leaving him in
peace. Hopefully, that one has been busy laying eggs. I do hope more of
them will appear soon. I was worried that my slug pellets might have killed
them (even though I was using organic pellets)...

Al

I was amazed and a bit sad to see one little frog up in the field, a
long way from the ponds, though in very wet grass. *But he'd
electrocuted himself on the fence round the chicken run. *;-(
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.comwww.hillhousenurseryt earoom.com
South Devon

It must be difficult for a frog to make contact with the live wires
and the ground at the same time.

The dog from next door got a hefty shock from my pond fence on
Saturday, I am glad to say, when it was trying to wreck my garden. It
hadn't been over the fence for weeks before that.

Doug.