Old 26-03-2012, 02:51 PM
lappin lappin is offline
Registered User

Default kill roots before sowing new lawn

Hi, I have just cut down an area of tree and shrubs about 10 feet by 30 feet, and pulled up the roots as best I can.
The previous owner was an old lady so the shrubs have ran wild for at least twenty years.
I want to replace the entire area with a new lawn. Along the outside of what will be the lawn there are hedges which I want to keep.
Can anyone recommend anything I can use to make sure that no roots grow back, but not damage the hedges around the edge of the garden.
The plants I have dug up are something which looked a bit like a fir tree but was spreading along the ground, rose bushes, thorn bushes, lavender, and other different shrubs and bushes.
I'm sure it was lovely when it was planted but it had turned into a solid mass of bushes.