Old 26-03-2012, 04:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkoph General Schvantzkoph is offline

Default Blueberry Bushes

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:14:53 +0000, JonnyBeBad wrote:

I bought a blueberry bush this weekend and intend to buy at least one
more as I've read that you need at least two for polination and
therefore a better yield. I have however read on a couple of websites
that it's better to have 2 different varieties of blueberry bush. Does
anyone know if I'll be ok with 2 the same or do I need to have 2
different varieties?

I was potentially going to look for an early cropper, a mid-season
cropper and a late cropper.

I have 8 bushes of several different varieties. The important thing with
blueberries is to come up with an effective netting scheme, if you don't
you won't get any. Birds love blueberries and they will strip the buses
clean in a few hours if you don't have a really good netting system.