Old 27-03-2012, 03:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default peach tree blooms and frosts

DO NOT cover the tree with plastic sheeting!!! Use some form of cloth. The
plastic sheeting will intensify the cold transfer to the tree.

"songbird" wrote in message
Frank wrote:
I had a few peach trees years ago and maybe every 5 years or so crop
would be greatly diminished due to too warm weather in February
causing blooming when a lot of hard frosts would follow. The light
frosts were not a problem as frost free date here is May 15.

tonight is forecast down to 25F. she will
cover the tree. we hope that will be enough.

songbird