Old 27-03-2012, 09:25 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackThumb View Post
I will be keeping it in the shade when I do put it out though, as I it seems that they shouldn't be in direct sunlight.
That might be true of ornamental camellias. But tea-estates mostly have their tea grown in full sunlight: a few do have a few interspersed shade trees. But the sunlight in these places is much stronger than Britain, so I wouldn't worry about putting them in full sun in Britain. Just google images for tea estate, and you'll see.