Old 27-03-2012, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Lidl propagator trays - drainage?

Bought a pack of 4 propagating trays from Lidl (now wondering if I should
have bought more).
You get an outer tray, some plant cells, and a plastic lid.
All very lightweight but functional and cheap.

Now the cells are moulded as if there could be a drainage hole in the bottom
but there isn't.
So the question is - should I leave as is or should I make little holes in
the bottom of the tray?

Logic says that if there should always be holes then they would have been
made that way.

However commercial cells usually have holes in the bottom (presumably for
watering from the bottom).

So under which circumstances should there be a hole, and when should there
be no hole?

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]