Old 27-03-2012, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve Harris[_2_] Steve Harris[_2_] is offline

Default Frost Alarm

There are a lot of weather sites and gadgets around on the Net but none
of them seemed do what this gardener wanted. Specifically, I'm always
pushing the envelope with tender plants so I need advance warning of
frosts.

So, I've knocked up some *freeware* ...

* Checks the current temperature and a two day forecast
* Uses the Yahoo weather and location APIs
* Covers the world including the UK in detail
* Can be set to pop up when cold is happening or forecast

I call it a "Weather Alarm" just in case I decide to upgrade it to do
more than just frost. For more info and download, see:

http://www.netservs.com/wa/

Steve Harris - Cheltenham - To get my real address, remove one fruit