Old 27-03-2012, 05:56 PM
allen73 allen73 is offline
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryrose View Post
I have a 6ins peanut plant growing in a pot on a sunny window sill I have no idea what to expect or how to care for it we live in Cornwall and have a garden and a greenhouse
The soil should be loose, light and sandy, with plenty of organic matter like compost and well rotted manure.

Rocks and sticks should be removed.

A soil pH test should be done to determine the lime and fertilizer needs for growing peanuts in your soil.

A soil pH of about 6.0 would be optimum for peanuts, but the crop can produce well over a wide range soil pH.

If lime is needed, broadcast the recommended amount and incorporate with the soil well in advance of planting.

Mix in ½ cup of 8-8-8 fertilizer for each 10 feet of row prior to planting,
however if the area was heavily fertilized during the previous year, you can use considerably less.
Fruit Trees