Old 28-03-2012, 04:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Dracaena Marginata Stalk is Dying/Dead

Dragonfly440 wrote:
I've had this plant for many years, but now the stalk/stem/cane is
dying...actually dead already, I think. How can I save the 6-7 plants
growing from the main cane before I lose the entire plant?

I'm quite good with plants and I have had houseplants for many, many
years, but I don;t know how to save this one. I mean I know it is too
late for the main cane.

This is common for branches to die back now and then, it doesn't mean the
whole plant will die.. You can take tip cuttings and strike them if you
want new plants.