Old 28-03-2012, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A pesky persistent weed

"Rob Simpson" wrote in message
See
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...t=d irectlink

This is the second garden where I have experienced these small, green
plants growing, in a tightly-clustered way, around small fruit such as
raspberries and red/white/black currents.
Often they are even tighter together than this photo shows.
Anyone - what are they?
(I never let them get big enough to be able to take a photo of any
flower.)

Second question, since glyphosate is absorbed by leaves (and not by woody
material), is it safe to spray them with glyphosate and not damage the
fruit bushes ?
Thanks to and for this active group.

They look a bit like broadleafed willowherb. I get them but just pull them
up.
I'd be more worried about what is popping up to the left of it -
suspiciously like ground elder.