Old 29-03-2012, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Is it OK to use horse manure containing LAY-SOFT?

Is it OK to use horse manure containing LAY-SOFT?

A neighbour has horses and uses for their bedding something called
LAY-SOFT made by Ron Hull & Sons.
It is made from wood chippings.
The manufacturer says only whitewood is used, that it is treated only
with ozone, not chemicals.

Is it OK to put on the garden or to mix in with the compost?
--
Chris

I use a similar product for my horses bedding and it seems to rot down well
although much slower than straw. I used quite a lot of it to put a surface
down for the horse to be exercised on and that too works well, I also get
loads of interesting fungi growing on it.

kate