Old 29-03-2012, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Potted trees

"JoeP" wrote in message

Hi,

I live in a rented house with no garden, just a large concreted area. I
would love to introduce some small trees into this space, but not sure
what. Does anyone have any suggestions of what could do well in a decent
sized container? A friend of mine has a twisted willow that's thrived
for five years, but other than that I'm clueless. The area is reasonably
sheltered on all sides and gets full sun for most of the day.

Cheers in advance!

JoeP

Hi Joe

I don't have many more clues than you as I am not a gardener, but being
married to one with over 54 years experience, some has rubbed off. The thing
that rings bells with me in the first instance is your bit, "" and gets full
sun for most of the day"" which means that ANY plant in a pot has got to be
watered on a VERY regular basis, especially in the growing season and at the
height of the sun period, a tree even more than a small plant..

Those who own this site will make uncompromising remarks at this next bit,
but as it is rented property I would SERIOUSLY consider artificial/plastic
trees as used in indoor/commercial areas. You can take them with you when
you move on. :-))

""REAL"" plants? Tubs with 'pretty flowers' in?

Mike