Old 29-03-2012, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potted trees

In article ,
JoeP wrote:

I live in a rented house with no garden, just a large concreted area. I
would love to introduce some small trees into this space, but not sure
what. Does anyone have any suggestions of what could do well in a decent
sized container? A friend of mine has a twisted willow that's thrived
for five years, but other than that I'm clueless. The area is reasonably
sheltered on all sides and gets full sun for most of the day.

Feijoa (Acca?) sellowiana does, and has some attractive and edible
flowers, but it might be tricky to get. Pomegranate does if it
doesn't get too cold, and is almost drought-proof. Bay (Laurus
nobilis) and SOME of the citrus (but they don't like cold much).
It depends on where you are.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.