Old 29-03-2012, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Weed help please

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
On 29/03/2012 00:05, Kathy wrote:
I've got two major problems on the lottie, and would appreciate some
advice.

Problem No 1. Jerusalem artichokes - how do I get rid of them? So far
I've tried digging them up, glysophate and, with one lot, covering them
with black plastic for a year. They are *still* growing! Previous bod
must have liked them as he planted them at both ends of the plot.

Glyphosate followed about 3 weeks later by digging out the roots. Might
require a couple of goes to get rid. Not as hard to zap as horseradish.

Thanks, will try again.

Problem No 2. Raspberry canes coming in from next door. I've tried
digging them up, but the roots go way down. If I treat them, will
glysophate do it or will I need something stronger? I no longer care if
I kill next doors canes, as we asked him to move them away from the
fence and he planted more.

Tie them in and enjoy the free raspberries! They are not so invasive that
you can't sever them at the roots with a spade if you want rid.

Unfortunately, they are growing in the wrong place, taking over the
blackberry area.

--
Kathy