Old 30-03-2012, 03:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Horse manure mixed with multiple purpose compost?

Torianth.gardenbanana.uk wrote:

Just wondered if it would be ok to mix in horse manure with my usual
compost for doing my potting plants?....neard good and bad things about
this stuff!....also is it true if you lay a small amount onto of your
plants it works as a fertiliser?......my horse manure is roughly 5
months old so well matured.

If by well matured you mean well composted then using it for planting
would be fine... however it really should be hot composted or it'll be
full of weed seeds ready to germinate.