Old 01-04-2012, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Basil - outside

On 01/04/2012 09:21, Peter James wrote:
I haven't got a green house, but I would like to try basil in the
allotment. Has anyone grown it outside, and is it a success?

Peter

I've tried several times and it has always been a dismal failure. Don't
know if it is due to the lack of heat or what. It grows very slowly and
seems to struggle. Nothing like the lush bunches in supermarkets that
are presumably grown under glass or in warmer climates.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.