Old 01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Eloise Eloise is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Fields View Post
Eloise wrote:
[color=blue][i]

Not a gardening answer, I'm afraid, but more of a legal one in the
form of a question: are you sure your Council is banning a
*replacement* fence? The regulations might not permit new fences of
the height of your old one, but you may have acquired some form of
'right' to replace like with like.

Might save the decision over what to plant in its place...

PS: I wouldn't necessarily trust what a local council says, and some
Googling might help. You could also pose a question about your
situation on uk.legal.moderated.

Terry Fields
Hi Terry

Thanks so much for your reply. But, the council was very strict on this replacement fence. The boundary wall, of course is stone, and as they said, "would not be allowed today."

I hadn't thought of questioning their response, I will ask on the website you suggested, many thanks.

I find their attitude outrageous, everyone should be allowed privacy and security in their garden, especially when they have children. A five foot boundary wall isn't much of a deterrent.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Eloise