Old 02-04-2012, 12:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Farm1[_3_] Farm1[_3_] is offline

Default Earth...

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Farm1" wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Farm1" wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeXdv-uPaw

You must be one of those touchy, feely environmentalists.

Welcome aboard.

:-)) What on earth do you mean Billy? Where I live, even the most
conservative elements in my country have been discussing issues such as
land
degradation and climate change for years. We've been waiting for the
majority of USians to finally see the light and climb aboard.

Best pull up a chair then :O( Nutters here don't use contraception, and
there seem to be more of them every day. We are 5% ofthe world's
population, and use 25% of the worlds oil. The nutters here don't see
the problem, and the government here pays the oil companies to drill for
more oil to sell on the world market. Good luck to us all.

We've been regularly watching a TV show called 'American Pickers' and part
of the charm of this show for us is the countryside they travel through. So
far we've seen the 2 chaps travel in Tenn., Idaho, Iowa, Ken., Ill., and
Wisc., (sorry if the abbreviations aren't right) and we are just astonished
at how rich and lush the background countryside is. If they were doing
simialar driving here and were that far from the sea, they'd have coveres
some lush country but a hell of a lot of it would be sub-marginal country.

When your country hits the wall with droughts in large slabs of that lush
country, then manybe your conservatives will also begin to see the light.
Here it was our farmers who started the push because they lived with land
degradation and you know how conservative they are politically and socially.