Old 02-04-2012, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Making bird-scarers from old CDs...

On 2 Apr 2012 14:01:46 GMT, "AL_n" wrote:

Jake wrote in
:

http://www.ehow.co.uk/video_4950652_...s-old-cds.html

Thanks, Jake. What I've now done is to make individula bird-scarers using
3ft bamboos. I tied a 1ft length of elastic thread to one end of the
bamboo, and tied a CD to the ither end of the thread. I stuck the bamboo
into the ground, at a 60-degree angle, so that the CD can dangle freely. I
now have several of these and the advantage of this method is that they can
be moved around, as required. We'll see how well it works. Good idea about
sticking two back-to-back.

Al

The fox loved playing with the ones we had on our site.

My OH is experimenting with plastic bottle windmills at the moment
http://www.instructables.com/id/Wind...-wind-turbine/

Not sure if they'll work - but we have some bright paint somewhere to
apply.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk